Sunday, April 12, 2009

plusses and minuses of blogs

I read all of Carol's blog entries for this blog update. I found it very useful to complete our assignments by posting our thoughts in blogs. I admit, I have not explored everyone is our class' blog, but I have checked out a few of my friends. Carol and my blogs are almost a like because we talk about what we need to say and how we felt about it. Actually, I do not think I came across anyone's blog that did more than that!

A downside of using blogs is that if someone decides to follow you and you are not in the class, the blogs may be a bit confusing because that person would not know what subject you are talking about. Though some blogs you asked for us to include pictures and links, so this may be useful to whoever views the page.

I felt like using the blog kept me a little more organized. Instead of having to worry about turning papers in every week, I can just log on to here to complete my assignment. This will be very useful in the classroom because sometimes students forget, but here they can log on anytime and complete their assignments.

And of course, always the biggest issue on using blog in the classroom is the availability of internet access and a computer to do the assignments. Honestly though, I think that technology is being put in the classroom and being more available to students at school, so they at least have somewhere to go even if they do not have a computer at home.

I felt like having a blog introduced me to some of my classmates. I know that I probably would not have spoke to anyone if I did not have to. The assignments though like the slide show on about us and having an introduction entry for this blog got us to know a little bit about one another. Doing this inside of the classroom would be efficient because at least students would have at least one other student to communicate with if they are too afraid to ask you (or the teacher) they can ask their classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment