Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Final Post

We covered so much in class! Where do I begin? I guess I will start with the blogs I wrote in every week. I really liked doing that. I don't really know why, I guess I felt it was easier to access and I knew that I had to get it done by midnight Sunday! I loved doing the presentations because I felt like I had a personal relationship with most everyone in the classroom. Usually I only talk to my classmates that sit around me but things like Twitter, the blogs, and presentations allowed us to get to know each other.
Twitter was my favorite project because I got to teach it. For one day I felt extremely important and I was proud of myself that I got chosen to do that. I did try to take more pride in this class because I was so excited of being given the title of "master of all things twitter" but my life only got even more crazy than it already was, but I'm back! Twitter also allowed me to follow teachers all around the world. I think most of us are following Mrs. Anderson who is a teacher in Montana. She is a strong advocate of twitter for her 5th grade class.
I also enjoyed exploring all the things Google offers like Google Docs and Earth. I'm glad I know that Google offers just about everything you could possibly need in one website. Google Earth is like a of the future mapquest and Google Docs gives me a free power point, spreadsheet, and form section. How amazing is that? I say pretty darn! I downloaded Picasa to my computer because I like to play with my pictures. I'm happy about that because now I don't have to pay for that expensive paint!
I have always been an iTunes user, but it was only for music purposes. Now I download podcasts for education, french lessons, and book audios! I never realized how popular Mac and Apple was. I am a PC user so I guess that's all I hear about. This class opened my eyes to a whole new world and it kind of makes me want to go out and by an Apple laptop.
I am supossed to talk about Delicious but I don't think we covered this in class and I was there every single day. Lucky me though I checked it out on my own and signed up for an account to see what was it about. I'm glad I did because now I can see what good books are being read these days. I love to read so this is a website I will probably check into more over the summer when I have time to chill and read a good book!
Access is found all over in Mobile County Public schools. Unfortunely we did not get to visit any of the labs, but my best friend is in still in high school and she says that the labs at her school has improved since she was a freshman. Alex is a program that allows students with exceptional performances in school be subjected to AP and higher level courses. Also at this site there are lesson plans and ideas that teachers can use for their classroom. That will be very helpful to me because if I need an assignment I can go to the website and check it out. Also, if I find something I think is useful, I can share it on the website.
I learned more than I imagined during this course and I enjoyed every day! I made sure I did not miss because one class period miss would mean me missing out on some useful information I know that I needed to know. I thank you Dr. Strange for being an awesome teacher and always wanted to check out things when you didn't know. Because you're right, if you don't know, FIND OUT! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment