Saturday, April 18, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts

Making podcasts in class was one of my favorite projects we have done in class. Even though we had to select from already given topics, the learning experience of how podcasts work was very interesting. First of all, it's really easy. Virtually anyone can figure out how to make one so this can be very beneficial for classrooms as a learning device. Even though we only made sound podcasts, I'm sure video podcasts are just as easy and effective.
The first podcast I listened to was my own group's podcast. We all sounded very nervous and was rushing through our words. We were though very clear but there were a lot of pauses. I'm sure they were due to our nervousness. I then went on to listen to Amber and Melonie's podcast on interviewing Dr. Strange. I loved their introduction they gave of Dr. Strange and then followed in with questions. Though some of the questions were quite lengthy so I kind of got lost on what the point of the question was. I also learned that the internet was invented in 1995.
Next I checked out another group (Nicholas, Gretta, and Sarah) who did the same topic my group did, technology in the classroom. They focused on tools that were used in their classes like clickers. We discussed more on internet and computer uses. I like how they asked each other questions. It seemed impromptu, which is always a good thing. I honestly enjoyed everything about their podcast. Lastly, I checked out Peyton, Kendra , Jessica White and Jessica Courville's podcast on pros and cons of facebook as a learning tool. Honestly, all the podcasts were almost a like. The girls organized their presentation by discussed the pros first then the cons. This would work out if they did not have so many pros and cons. I probably would have discussed a pro, a con, a pro, and so on and so on to engage and keep my listeners attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment