Sunday, January 25, 2009

Did You Know?

I very much enjoyed the video that was on statistics and random facts about the world. I never thought about it into any sort of deep depth, but the world has come a VERY long way in such a short period of time. Last class period when I had to write 2 paragraphs on any subject I wrote, I wrote about texting messaging. I found it amusing that the first text message was sent in 1992 now an ungodly amount is sent everyday in the world that its more than the population! Also, tv and radio took way longer for the world to catch on to as a fad than internet. Myspace is the most popular evidentally. It was started in 2003, but so many people have joined, if all memebers lived in one country it would be the 8th largest in the world. I believe it! Everybody has a myspace, sometimes multiple ones. I know I do...

I am in love with the fact that there are 3,000 books published a day. I seek to be a novelest one day so this can be good news and bad news. Good news is, anybody can publish a novel because by 2010 that number doubles. Bad news is, will be book be successful? Nonetheless, it still makes my heart smile that there are an incredible amount of writers (and readers as well!) and you can never get too many of those, because technology is coming more and more popular by the nanosecond. The world is advancing at a faster paste as time gets closer to the future. Technology is becoming more common, easier to use, faster, better, and everything else to improve the lives of a human being. "Kids who have never held a textbook will hold the world." Thanks to technology, this quote is incredibly true.

No comments:

Post a Comment