Sunday, March 1, 2009

ipods in intruction

I guess I live under a rock or don't pay close attention on whats going on in the world around me, but evidently I am missing out on some serious stuff in technology. I dig that Dr. Strange is super into technology, especially ipods. Honestly, I thought an ipod was just an fun past time that you use to listen to music, watch videos, movies, and things like that. There is so much more to an ipod than that! I came across the website School CIO. It is perfect for all the questions you may have on how exactly an ipod can benefit students and teachers in the classroom.

There is so much you can do on an ipod, from learning different languages by hearing it through an audio perspective to finding podcasts from lessons you may be teaching in your class to share with your own class. I checked out what happened at Duke University and ipods, and after a year long study, they actually offer ipods to students for courses that their professors plan to use apple tools to instruct their classes.

Apple has its own website that you can check out all the educational benefits it has to offer. On the website, it tells you all of the possibilities you can do with an ipod for your classroom and in education in general. It gives lesson plans and activities as well for you to download. Also, if you are new to Apple or an ipod, there are steps and guides you can refer to help you operate your ipod and the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment